DEC Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal
In light of the humanitarian crisis happening in Ukraine, Umbrella & Wagstaff is making a donation of £5,000 to the British Red Cross’s appeal. The British Red Cross is one of 15 member charities of the Disasters Emergency Committee all of whom are experts in humanitarian aid and specialists in different areas of disaster response. Their appeal will help families and communities in Ukraine and the border countries. The UK Government will match donations to this appeal pound-for-pound up to £25 million.
Our donation will be used to reach people in urgent need, including:
- Supporting firefighters and civil protection units
- Training people up in life-saving first aid
- Helping families stay in contact with each other
- Educating people on the risks of explosives
- Repairing vital infrastructure
- Helping to repair homes, healthcare centres, schools and community centres
- Providing food, first aid, clean water, shelter support, warm clothing, hygiene parcels and medicines
- Supporting hospitals and healthcare facilities
Our hearts go out to everyone in Ukraine at this time, we are truly inspired by your strength.
If you would also like to donate please see the link below: